Join Our Team
We're always look for more kingdom minded people!
“Leading people who are far from God to courageously follow Jesus.”
Summit’s mission is “Leading people who are far from God to courageously follow Jesus.” We
are a growing church that is passionate about reaching the community beyond our walls. In the
coming months, we are about to move into a brand new facility (40,000 sq. ft.) that is ideally
positioned in a visible freeway location, helping us connect with one of the fastest growing
regions in the country. Visit www.vimeo.com/363937465 for some September drone footage.
It will be an incredible season of new growth and ministry impact!
Summit now worships 600+ on Sunday mornings in a high school venue. We are praying and planning to launch the new facility with 1200+ people, and believe that the right individual in this position (with larger church experience) will help us reach many more for Christ.
At Summit, we have developed leaders who identify and develop innovative ways to address challenges and keep making a kingdom impact. God has blessed our church with a healthy culture that drives us to reach people for Jesus. It’s why we are taking a step of faith to launch this new campus.
Our Lead Pastor and team understands that much will need to change with our ministry systems and structure in order to facilitate future growth. We know that growing churches “choose to live in the future now”, which is why we want to build the right team now for where we are headed next.
We are looking for a ministry leader to perform a key role in leading others to implement vision, anticipate opportunities, overcome obstacles and maximize ministry. This will be an exciting role for the right leader to impact many lives for Christ and help take Summit’s ministry to a whole new level.
Wholeheartedly committed to a community church model, Summit is known as a place where anyone is welcome to connect with Jesus and take next steps in his or her faith journey.
Our prayer is to reach as many as people possible for Christ. God has blessed us with a great mix of new believers and people from different church backgrounds. Summit is affiliated with the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (www.lcms.org), but we are certainly open to the right candidate, whether he is from a Lutheran, non-denominational or other church background. What’s most important is that this person is gifted for the role, supports the vision of Summit and complements our Lead Pastor.
The next steps we take with staffing, facilities and ministry systems will impact the West Valley and the world in significant ways! The past couple years have taught us to say: “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 3:20
Our Expectations of the Executive Pastor/Executive Director:
• Because we are growing to a new size and scale, the Executive Pastor will need to
effectively help to develop the staff to operate at that larger scale. For this reason we
are seeking a candidate with proven ministry experience that is several steps ahead of
Summit’s current size.
• The Executive Pastor/Director will turn ideas into action. This person plays a key
strategic role to help assess resources and what it will take to actually put theory to
• The candidate should bring some business and financial acumen, but the primary need
for this position is ministry development and leadership. Adding another pastoral-level
leader who is gifted in strategy and implementation will help us maximize the
opportunities God has given our church.
• Our staff will benefit from someone who can help them grow and provide
accountability. Our Lead Pastor has a passion to equip and inspire, and needs the right
counterpart to turn these inspirations into action. Our human resources leadership will
improve with someone who can build a framework for effective goals and set staff free
• Because we expect to grow in size and scale in the coming years, the ability to recruit
and onboard staff members is a must.
• In the future, we desire to expand ministry beyond this initial campus, so some
experience with multi-site ministry would also be valuable.
The position is open to both ordained and non-ordained candidates. Ultimately, our desire is that this person sees himself as, and is seen as, a ministry leader.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Overview of this Position
The full-time Executive Pastor (or non-ordained Director) is responsible for leading day-to-day
operations at Summit, coaching staff for greater impact and strategically building systems for
ministry growth. He turns the vision of the Lead Pastor and church into action by equipping
staff and key ministry leaders; leading people well in a changing environment and overseeing
functions related to human resources, finance, office and facility management.
The Executive Pastor/Director is supported and held accountable by the Lead Pastor at Summit.
He serves as a part of the senior leadership team and works ultimately in service to our church
1. Displays a strong, personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is committed to growing in
faith and has a heart for ministry. Is committed to personal growth and leadership
2. Supports Summit’s mission, values and vision.
3. Is a self-starter with an organizational mindset, decision-making ability and consistent
4. Has exceptional leadership and management skills:
o Demonstrates ability in execution and project management
o Able to identify, equip and develop leaders
5. Possesses superb oral and written communication skills.
6. Displays exceptional skills in working with people:
o Able to relate both to people in our church and in our community
o Can motivate and encourage people to grow in faith
o Able to organize ministry leaders and create clarity about implementation
o Has the ability to unite people together from different backgrounds
o Maintains approachability
7. Maintains strict confidentiality.
8. Proficient in standard Microsoft Office programs and social media.
1. Has experience leading in a creative and growing church environment.
2. Has a master’s degree and is an ordained pastor in the Lutheran Church—Missouri
Synod or 4 year degree in a ministry or business related field with proven experience.
3. 5 years of leadership experience as a senior leader in ministry or business.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry
effectiveness evaluation, decision-making, planning and overall development of the
2. Lead the staff directors and their ministry departments to a new level of ministry
impact, especially as we use our new facility to reach people for Christ & build disciples.
3. Facilitate the annual strategic planning process to evaluate ministries, coach
implementation teams and establish growth goals.
4. Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures that provide the Lead Pastor
and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of our ministry work.
5. Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and
position the church for healthy, sustainable growth.
6. Encourage movement of people through our Leadership Pipeline and help to scale
ministries to stay in front of ministry growth.
7. Help the Lead Pastor plan for future ministry expansion and multi-site development.
8. Have the opportunity to preach occasionally to help establish this role as a key spiritual
9. Complete other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor and consistent with Summit’s mission
Executive Pastor key responsibilities and reports
Strategic Implementation & Operations
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Worship Arts Director
Groups and Next Steps Director
Children’s Ministry Director
Student & Community Impact Director
Guest Connection & Communication Director
Administrative & Facility Director
Salary Commensurate with experience and a demonstrated history of results